Tuesday, September 30, 2008

The Tree Must Come Down


Today a got a little bug in me and I cut down the tree to the left side of my house. I have been wanting to do this since we got here. I was waiting for Peter to do it. Or to rent a power saw but today I just couldn't take it any more. So I cut it down with a hack saw by hand. It only took me about an hour but now I have to cut it up into a bunch of little pieces so I can drag it in to our forest in the back yard. It was more work than I thought. It was only 3 trunks about the size of when you make a circle with your hands. They were heavier than I thought. Who knew leaves and branches could weight so much.
Now all I have to do is move the big bush that is blocking the view of my door. But I think I can wait until spring. Then you will be able to see the front of my whole house. For now I am very happy to have the tree gone. It really makes a big difference.
What Peter will say remains to be seen.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, look at you go! No way would I think about doing that. Eventually my nagging would get it done...but I guess that is not true. We are still not living upstairs but hey I guess I have stopped nagging.

I wonder if I should start again? Nope, I guess I will just keep nagging about getting the furnace installed.

I am picking my battles...

Good job on the blog!

Anonymous said...

Good talking to you tonight. So much for going to bed early...

I also have tagged you. 6 quirks - 10/5 post!

Looking forward to reading yours too.

Heather M. Egbert said...

The tree must come down makes me laugh. It just proves to me that you and your brothers are more a like then I thought. When we first moved into our house the first thing Lyle started to do was cut down trees. Then when Ryan moved in and cut down 6 trees in one week. I told the boys they should have a summer bussiness of cutting down trees!! You would be addition to the team!!

Gwen Owens said...

This is great... You are hilarious Sandra! This post made me giggle! Wow do you have a beautiful home! I can't believe what a difference having that tree gone makes. It really does open up the front of your home!
Love,
Gwen