
Christmas Eve lunch at Golden Coral. The boys with all their Cousin D.
On Sunday the 21st we had to take N to the ER because he was having severe pain. He had been fine a church that morning. He wasn't very hungry that morning and had a weird rash around his neck. The rash went away within a half an hour. Church was great we went back to our old ward to see everyone. They had the Brighton high school Coral Choir sing. They did a really good job. It was quite spiritual and my kids all sat there as quite as they have ever been. I guess they should have more Sacrament meetings with all music and song!
Then about one 0'clock in the afternoon N started crying in pain. I thought that he was just hungry because he hadn't eaten all day. But something made me go and wake up Peter and ask him to take a look. He said later that he had the impression then to take him to the hospital. So I took him up to Primary Children's Hospital, to the ER. They immediately drew blood work and started an IV. The Dr. came into evaluate him and said that they were going to do a chest x-ray first. She thought that he might have belly pain referred from possible pneumonia. She had him jump up and down which he was able to do. She said most likely that if it was his appendix that he would not be able to jump up and down.
The chest film was clear so they did an abdominal film. Nothing abnormal there. So they had to do an abdominal CT. This was not fun he had to have an enema with contrast and IV contrast. Luckily his rash was causing him so much itching they gave him benadryl and that made him sleepy for the CT. So he really didn't even know what was going on. The CT comes back clear and his seemed to have gotten better. So they released us after 6 hours, saying that they didn't know what it was and to watch him and bring him back if his symptoms got worse.
The next morning he threw up a little bile and I thought that we were going back to the ER. He went back to sleep and a showered and got ready to take him back. So when he woke up he seemed to be better. I called the ER to ask if I should bring him back in and they said to just watch him and try to get him to drink plenty of fluids and eat a little something. So we did and he was able to tolerate it all right. And slowly got better from then on. He did have to take benadryl around the clock for the next two days to get rid of his rash. They said the rash was probably just his body's way of showing stress. Peter did give him a blessing before he went to the hospital and we believe that he was healed because they couldn't find anything. And the rest of the trip he was good and didn't have any more problems.
We had a great time out in Utah and it was so fun to see and spent time with everyone.

3 comments:
Holy Cow! What a crazy experience! I didn't know that this happened. We just took Riddick to the ER for the first time a couple of days ago. It is so scary to see your kids in pain.... I'm glad N is ok.
Love,
Gwen
Wow, that is scary. Poor little guy, he sure did have alot of tests. I'm glad everything turned out okay in the end!
I felt for youguys! It is hard to have a kid in such pain. What a blessing that he got better so quickly!
Post a Comment