Tuesday, November 11, 2008

The Worth of a "Sole" is Great















These are some pictures from our YW's in Excellence night. We decorated with shoe boxes and shoe bags. Each of the girls gave a little part on the values. They sang "We are of Infinite Worth." We had the mom's all say a little something about what makes their daughter special. The President gave a cute talk about having big feet and how to fill big shoes. The Bishop spoke about his wife, who is a bit of a shoe hound. He related the scripture D&C 18:15 and 16 talking about how great shall be your joy if you shall bring one "soul" unto me and then how great shall be your joy if you bring many souls unto him. He said that now he knows how she has been interpreting this scripture. It was very cute. Of course we all know the true meaning of this scripture, not to take anything away from it. It was a great evening and went very well. They all got socks as a gift as you can see them modeling.





4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a nice job you guys did. It sounds like a wonderful evening!

chellae said...

That sounds like it was so fun. I love those girls and miss them a lot. Keep up the good work!

Dani W said...

I loved the whole concept I wish I would have been a little more available to help you guys all out. I love the picture of the girls... so sweet arent they. lol.

Gwen Owens said...

This is really neat! Nice job!
Love,
Gwen