They had all the scouts make a cake for dessert. They had to choose one of the fifty states as there theme. So we picked PA. PA is called the "Keystone State." So I made a bundt cake and cut it in half to simulate a bridge. As you may or may not know that the keystone is the center block in the bridge that hold the whole thing up. Then we covered it with white frosting because "milk" is the state drink. Then we had red swedish fish swimming under our bridge because "brook trout" is the state fish. We also had lots of other interesting facts on and around out cake. It was a fun little project. And of course I forgot to take a picture. Hopefully you can visualize.
Thursday, February 26, 2009
The Blue and Gold Cub Scout dinner.
They had all the scouts make a cake for dessert. They had to choose one of the fifty states as there theme. So we picked PA. PA is called the "Keystone State." So I made a bundt cake and cut it in half to simulate a bridge. As you may or may not know that the keystone is the center block in the bridge that hold the whole thing up. Then we covered it with white frosting because "milk" is the state drink. Then we had red swedish fish swimming under our bridge because "brook trout" is the state fish. We also had lots of other interesting facts on and around out cake. It was a fun little project. And of course I forgot to take a picture. Hopefully you can visualize.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Hey chick! Are you in cubscouts? I love the cake idea. Sounds awesome.
Nice job! I think scouts is such a great program.
Love,
Gwen
Very creative! I wonder what a brooktrout looks like, I learned something new any way.
Post a Comment