Saturday, August 30, 2008

Summer update


This summer has been a crazy one. We moved from Easton Pennslyvannia to Saratoga Springs New York. The move was hardest on me this time but since I have told everyone about it I have seemed to have snapped out of it. Heah! Now I just have to paint several rooms on this house to further help snap me out of my blues. Which I plan on doing as soon as the kids are in school next week! We are only 4 hours north of where we were in Pa but the weather has been drastically different. The temperature is 10 to 15 degrees cooler and it has rained almost every day except for last two weeks. Which has been great but not warm enough to take the kids swimming. Everyone tells me that the rain is very uncommon this year. I just hope that it is better next year and I am sure that it will be.

We did have some fun this summer! The people in the ward have been great! We were invited to a great 4th of July party. They had a great waterslide, which the kids had great fun on. We had a barbecue. Then we did smores in their fire pit. Then we had a fantastic fire works show courteous of the neighbors. Who bring them from somewhere else, as they are not allowed in the great litigious state of NY. They put on a huge and very expensive show. It was awesome considering that you can,t even have sparklers here.

My mom came out this summer just a few weeks after we arrived. She stayed for three weeks but it really went fast. We did a lot. She helped me get started on ripping down the hideous wallpaper in my kitchen. We did a lot of yard work of which there still needs to be more done. She made a sandbox for my kids at the entrance to our forest in our backyard. Which the kids love. NM was especially impressed and still talks about it today. "I can't believe that Grandma could cut down a tree." Actually she cut down a couple trees. They were small pine trees that came out pretty easy except for one oak tree because there roots run deep where as pines are shallow. The trees here are straight, tall and skinny. We literally have about 15 feet of grass, then about 30 feet of forest. I just need a fence to contain my kids, which will be coming in the fall. Peter has been working very hard this month of August, doing the budget for the upcoming year. He still has a couple of weeks to go to get it done. Thank you for working so hard and providing for us so well. We love you!

My mom is an artist and teaches art at a Junior high. The past couple of summer's she has been teaching my kids to paint. They look forward to this all year long. They had great fun and are quite good. I tried to listen in on what they were doing so hopefully they will be able to paint again before next summer. Next year I want to get in on the fun.

No comments: